Happy Wedding Wednesday and breast cancer awareness month! I've found the perfect way to combine the two; Brides Against Breast Cancer! As your glam stylist, I'd like to invite you to say yes to your dress with proceeds going towards caring for breast cancer patients. Wow! [Chokes back tear]. A dual moment of beauty.
Brides Against Breast Cancer is a Florida based, non-profit organization that sells new and gently used discounted wedding gowns to fight against breast cancer by supporting the care facilities where our champs are being treated and more. Check out the details below:
Brides Against Breast Cancer Facts
- Brides Against Breast Cancer sells all brands of new designer and “gently worn” wedding gowns in all shapes and styles.
- Education, nutrition, exercise, support and therapy are just some of the many programs and services we support, all designed to help cancer patients, their families and caregivers.
- Brides Against Breast Cancer will distribute over 10,000 breast “self-exam” cards this year.
- The average gown price is $600.
- Gowns are available in sizes 4 - 18.
- We have a dress to fit any bridal budget, and we offer a convenient, interest free layaway plan.
- The most popular gown styles are mermaid, lace, fit and flare and gowns with a “sweetheart" neckline.
- Lace, return of sleeves, and the "illusion neckline" are details making a comeback.
- Lace is very trendy now, due to the royal wedding of Catherine and Prince William.
- If you are planning a beach wedding, we have great options that are lightweight and beach worthy.
- To register for a show, or for more information visit www.bridesabc.org/upcomingevents or call 1.877.721.HOPE.
- Already said “I DO?” You can donate your gown, and receive a tax deduction - or TEXT the word BRIDES to 85944 to donate $10 to Brides Against Breast Cancer to help people impacted by cancer.
BABC Brings the Gowns to You
In case you were thinking about buying a plane ticket to Florida to buy your wedding dress from Brides Against Breast Cancer, check the tour dates first. This inspiring organization travels throughout the U.S. and might be at a location near you very soon. Here's the list:
Don't keep this a secret. Share the good news with everyone by sharing this blog post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and beyond. Looking forward to making a difference in style.